Nomination of Junior Fellows
Junior Fellows of the ETH Institute for Theoretical Studies are independent junior postdocs of exceptional talent and promise, having achieved significant results in mathematics, theoretical computer science or theoretical natural sciences. They stay at the Institute for up to three years.
Call for nominations of 2017 Junior Fellows
The ETH Institute for Theoretical Studies invites nominations for Junior Fellows by faculty members and senior researchers of universities and research institutions. The target date for the nomination of Junior Fellows to be appointed in 2017 is:
21 September 2016
Nominations at other dates can also be considered but will not follow the schedule described below. To submit a nomination, please write to with
- Name, affiliation and contact information of the candidate for a Junior Fellowship
- A letter, describing the achievements of the candidate and an assessment of his/her talent, independence and promise.
Upon receipt of a nomination, eligible candidates will be contacted and asked to submit
- A cv and list of publications
- A research plan
- The names of three persons who agree to write a recommendation letter
Instructions for uploading this material and the recommendations letters will be provided to the nominated candidates. To be considered for the 2016 interview round, this material should be sent before 19 October 2016.
A selection of the candidates will then be invited at the end of November for interviews by committee members and other experts.
First offers will be made in December 2016.
- Junior Fellows must have a Ph.D. at the time of appointment.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. from ETH are normally not considered.
- Direct application by candidates are not considered. Candidates must be nominated by faculty or senior researchers in mathematics, theoretical computer science or theoretical natural sciences.